2017 is almost upon us, and in addition to popping corks and watching the ball drop, many residents of the Bandera, TX area undertaken New Year’s resolutions in order to gain a fresh start. Most of these involve matter or personal betterment – resolving to exercise more often, for example, or cut down on sweets. Sometimes, however, New Year’s resolutions can get downright wacky. In the spirit of the holiday season, we’d like to share some of the funnier ones with you.
- Take a selfie that looks like a normal picture, instead of looking like you’re reaching out to smack the camera operator in the back of the head.
- Use the vacuum cleaner at the car wash to clean out in interior of your car as well as the exterior.
- Take a bath. Not a shower, but an actual bath with the tube and the bubbles and everything.
- Adopt second breakfast as an official meal.
- Remember your favorite playground activity when you were 7 and recreating it at the local park.
- Try to go an entire week between one episode of your favorite show and the next.
- Separate your laundry instead of just dumping them all into the washing machine.
- Spend money on something boring, but practical, like insulation, double-paned windows and air conditioning repair.
- Spend an entire meal without once looking at your phone. Better yet, spend at least one day a month completely disconnected from all electronic devices.
- Compose one meal a week composed only of healthy foods. Yes, even dessert. They have healthy desserts too.
- Change the filters in your heater and air conditioner.
- Buy cookies for the toll booth attendant, garbage collector, meter maid or other public servant you see every day but never acknowledge.
On behalf of the entire team here at D’Spain Sales and Service, Inc., a very happy 2017!