There are so many reasons why homeowners don’t regularly contact their local problems. Often, they are unaware that there might be something waiting to happen so they end up waiting until disaster strikes to make a call. Of course, it is easier to be blissfully unaware, however, holding off on annual plumbing inspection and maintenance can result in a catastrophic plumbing emergency!
We aren’t saying any of this to scare you, but what we are trying to tell you is that scheduling regular plumbing services is important. Investing in services like inspection and leak detection can save you hundreds of dollars on repair costs and utility bills. In case you aren’t yet convinced, we have listed some of the reasons why it pays to detect leaks and other plumbing problems early. Keep reading below to learn more.
What Can Happen if You Ignore Your Plumbing
The reason many plumbing issues go unnoticed is that the majority of our plumbing systems are hidden behind walls and underneath floors. Plumbing issues tend to start small and develop slowly over time, so at first, you are very unlikely to notice such an issue. But by the time you do notice, odds are, it has already caused some significant damage. There are two common issues that homeowners are often unaware of:
- Pinhole Leaks: These are tiny leaks that are often too detect without the help of an experienced plumber. Pinhole leaks are, as the name implies, the size of a pinhole. Though small, they have the potential to cause serious water damage and sky-high water bills.
- Blockages: There are so many areas of your plumbing system that are susceptible to blockages. Sometimes, homeowners don’t know they have a blockage until their toilet or kitchen sink backs up. Blockages can also occur in the main water line or sewer line, which is located outside of the home.
Do You Have a Leak?
There are quite a number of signs that can indicate that there is a leak somewhere in your plumbing system. Be on the lookout for:
- Soft spots in the walls or ceiling.
- Warm or cold spots near where the water is leaking.
- Unexpected spikes in your monthly water bill.
- Mold growth.
- Loss of water pressure in one or more faucets.
- The sound of dripping or running water in unexpected locations.
Call Your Plumber
The best way to avoid a plumbing emergency is to schedule regular maintenance with a professional plumber in Kerrville and the surrounding areas. During your maintenance visit, your plumber will thoroughly inspect your system for any signs of an issue in order to repair it before it leads to other, more serious problems.
D’Spain Sales and Service, Inc. offers leak detection services in addition to annual maintenance and repair services. Our plumbers use both experience and state-of-the-art technology to locate and repair pinhole leaks.
If you suspect that you are dealing with a plumbing problem, contact the team at D’Spain Sales & Service, Inc. ASAP. Honest people. Quality Service.