A clean, potable water supply is important to every homeowner. Your family’s health is your top priority, which is why so many homeowners utilize water filtration systems to keep their drinking water free of contamination. Some homeowners choose to only filter their drinking water with a localized filter in the kitchen. But if your water supply contains contaminants, every portion of your plumbing is affected, and the safest choice is installing a whole-home water filtration system.
So how do you know which type of system to purchase? An expert will always test your water first to discover what specific contaminants affect your home. Then, the technician may recommend one of the following water filtration systems. For more information about water filtration systems in Boerne, contact the knowledgeable professionals at D’Spain Sales & Service, Inc.
- Chemical Feed Pump: A chemical feed pump is a system used exclusively to treat well water. Groundwater may be affected by pesticides, fuel leaks in the soil, or other environmental issues. A chemical feed pump can target the contaminants that are specific to your area to keep your water safe.
- Whole-House Water Filters: A whole-house water filtration system can filter out common contaminants and some sediment, allowing few stray particles to pass through.
- Iron Filter: You may choose to install an iron filter to specifically filter out iron, a mineral that can cause problems with your plumbing system, stain your dishes and laundry, and leave a poor taste in your mouth.
- UV Water Treatment: A UV water treatment system uses an ultraviolet light to kill microorganisms such as viruses and bacteria.
- Water Softener: A water softener is a safeguard against “hard water,” filtering out minerals like magnesium and calcium. These minerals can build up in the pipes over time, leading to reduced water pressure and eventually ruining your plumbing system.
Have you noticed that your water smells or tastes strange or spears an unusual color? Are you worried about the effects of hard water on your plumbing system? Do you want water testing to find out what types of contaminants may plague your pipes? Call the water treatment specialists at D’Spain Sales & Service, Inc. and ask about installing water filtration systems in Boerne.